Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pre Raya (Part 1)

Dear Beautiful readers,

Sorry for the long silence.

But I managed to jot down few "notes" while being offline. Now it's time to upload it.Enjoy!

Sunday, 28th September 2008
Driving to my hometown early in the morning at 8 a.m. sharp.
Thank God the weather was OK, but I didn’t really expect that they were quite many cars on the road, not as the previous years that I can drive in peace.

Probably the timing wasn’t that right.
Expected to arrive home at 12ish, but due to major traffic jam at Tanah Merah & Pasir Mas, I ended up at home at 2ish. Nevermind, at least I arrived home in one piece!

Jalan Jam. Nampak tak signboard "Welcome To Kelantan" ada gambar Tok Guru

Had a wonderful iftar with mum, dad, Herry and my niece, Naj.

Later that night went out with Lin & Akram and we had late dinner at A&W. We had the usual “catching up” rituals and Lin just currently soooOooo into her new hobby, -> “professional photography”!

Monday, 29th September 2008
Right after sahur, I received text messages from Fakh.
After a few messages (while I was still daydreaming and in the midst of having short nap), we planned for an iftar later that day.

I had no idea where are we going to have our iftar. After consulting sis & Herry (and due to last minute arrangement), I managed to book a table for two at Grand Riverview Hotel – Riveira CafĂ©.

View of Sungai Kelantan from the cafe

Good food, nice ambience, and another “catching up” rituals with Fakh.
Yes, I haven’t met him for so long and I guess the last time I met him in KL were about 3-4 years back.

And yes, both of us changed!

Later after iftar, I accompanied Fakh for some last minutes shopping in the town. And again it was nice to do that.

And then, I was thinking about my “annual General meeting” with Che Man and the gang – i.e. Wan Maz & Jaz. Every raya, we had this get together session – minum2, “catching up rituals” etc in the town. Jaz couldn’t make it as he had some matters to be settled with family and ended up it’s only me, Che Man & Wan Maz. We ended up having tea in the stalls near the stadium and later we head to the Pantai Cahaya Bulan (formerly known as Pantai Cinta Berahi) for another drinks and “colek”. Another interesting nights, full of interesting topics, gossips etc etc.

Ended up going back home at 1.30 a.m. (no more curfew this time!)

P/S: Colek is a type of food, i think I can call it as snacks.

Tuesday, 30th September 2008.
It’s Reyna’s birthday and I did send her a birthday wish last night.
Nothing much happened at home. Only managed to assist mum doing the household chores and last minute shopping. Anyway, I didn’t manage to get the replacement for my original leather cover for my phone. I lost it during the night when I attended that charity program at work. Shit!

Couldn’t find it next day. Takde rezeki kut..Alhamdulillah

And I realized that today there’s unstoppable messages coming through my phone and of course, it’s RAYA! I wish my phone keep receiving not only during raya, but also during the normal days.

Another day dream of an average joe like me! ;-)

No comments: